So far this week, we’ve defined identity theft and looked at ways you can protect yourself. Now, let’s look at a few ways Popular Community Bank is working hard to protect your information.
We use state-of-the-art online security systems to assure you the utmost security while online:
- Enhanced security controls with multiple levels of authentication.
- Strong password controls that force alphanumeric with special characters and do
not allow users to use repetitive passwords.
- You can monitor your online banking activity by checking the date and time when you last logged into the system.
- We will never ask you for your account number or any other personal information through unsecure methods of communication such as email.
Our Internet Banking system is protected by:
- Firewalls – Used to deny unwanted access to our networks by establishing rules that follow
our security policies.
- Secure Transmissions – When you sign on to Popular Online Banking, the information sent is encrypted via SSL (Secure Socket Layer). This way the information can only be read by us.
- Telephone Banking – You have access to telephone support if you suspect you have been a victim of fraud. Call the Popular Care Center immediately at 1-800-377-0800.
- Fraud Prevention – Fraud prevention specialists monitor and alert you to unusual account activity.
- Intrusion Detection – Specialists continuously test to detect potential vulnerabilities, ensuring no unauthorized person or robot can access your private information.
Next week we will be announcing additional enhancements we are making to the online banking authentication process, another step in Popular Community Bank’s emphasis on providing the best protection possible. Check back here on the blog on Monday for details.